The City of Bellevue is working in partnership with state and local agencies to monitor developments related to the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and to ensure the health and safety of our community.
In her proclomation, the Governor has issued a state of public health disaster emergency. At this time, there are 146 confirmed cases in Jackson County and there are now 46,568 cases in Iowa (as of 08/04/2020). Social distancing is encouraged to stop or slow the spread of the virus. Mayor Michels is recommending that all individuals wear a mask while out in public.
The state of disaster is in place until at least August 23, 2020.
Click or tap here to read the full proclamation.
TRUSTED INFORMATION SOURCES
- The Iowa Department of Public Health - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) page provides up-to-date information regarding this virus as well as guidance for businesses, schools, healthcare, long-term care, general public, and travelers.
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-10) page has a summary of the virus, including symptoms, risk assessment, and preventative measures.
- The Bellevue Herald Leader has created a free-access page with local coverage and related cancellations and announcements.
- https://coronavirus.iowa.gov/ This page provides information, maps, and resources about the coronavirus response in our local area.
- Older adults are more likely to react severely to COVID-19, due partly to weaker immune systems and having chronic conditions. Stay informed to stay well!
The United Way of Dubuque Area Tri-States is committed to ensuring that our region's most vulnerable families have the support they need to weather the short and long term impacts of the coronavirus (COVID-19).
Visit 2-1-1- Website Or call the COVID-19 Hotline by dialing 2-1-1 from a landline or 800-244-7431 from a cell phone.
- The Governor's Facebook page will hold all of her live press conferences.
- The 2020 IRS Federal Tax Delay Explained: https://www.accounting.com/resources/taxes-2020-irs-delay/
- What You Need to Know: Coronavirus Stimulus Package of 2020: https://www.accounting.com/resources/stimulus-package-2020/