Blade Sign Grant Program
This is a grant program to assist businesses replace signs in the downtown urban renewal district. The applicant pays one-half of the costs associated with approved sign replacements. Maximum grant funding allowed is $1,000.
• Business or property owner must possess a newly executed lease or a lease renewal for a minimum five-year term or provide evidence of ownership of property.
• Renovation must comply with City sign requirements.
• Business must present copies of related contracts and paid invoices for reimbursement of approved expenditures.
• Maximum project reimbursement of $1,000.
• Blade signs that have been approved for size and design
• Wall mounted signs
• Modifications or removal of architectural and historic features
• Work already commenced or a building permit has been issued prior to the application
Application and Review Process
• The applicant submits the application to the City Administrator who refers it to the Design Review Committee, which reviews the applicant’s request and makes a final decision on the application.
• All work must begin within 180 days of approval and end no later than 365 days from the notice to proceed unless otherwise authorized.
• Upon satisfactory completion of the project, copies of all invoices, bids, affidavits and waivers of liens will be submitted to the City Clerk.
• If all of the requirements listed above are satisfied, the City will issue a check in the amount that is consistent with the program guidelines.
• Change orders will not be covered through the grant, unless the work was approved by the Downtown Design Committee.
Information Required with Application
• Colored picture of sign with proposed sign dimensions.
• Estimates of the sign costs.
• Executed lease or lease renewal, for minimum term remaining of five years, or evidence of ownership of property.
The program procedures described above may be revised by the City at any time without prior notice. The City
retains the exclusive right to change, add to, eliminate, or modify the program requirements at any time at its
discretion, with or without notice. Awards are subject to available funding.